Saturday, July 14, 2012

Home Sweet Home!!!!

 

Lainey is officially a US Citizen and we are finally home!!!! After a train ride to Hong Kong and a very, very long flight to Chicago with a 3 year old, and a 4 hour ground stop due to storms in Chicago, we are home! Our flight was supposed o get in at 5pm from Chicago but it ended up being 8:45. So needless to say we ever so happy when we landed and saw our girls and parents! The reunion went great and it only took Lainey about 20 seconds to warm up and then she was full speed ahead! We stopped to eat and she was laughing with her sisters and playing with them like she had known them for months. The hard part came when we got home and she wanted to explore and play till 5:30am!!! Talk about jet lag!!!! I still feel nauseous and out of sorts tonight! Dave and I could never sleep on the plane because our seats were right next to the kitchen area of the plane. I should have counted how many times my seat got ran into with that drink cart! Lainey made new friends (their picture is above), so she got extra special treatment! They even took her once and she came back with an ear of corn in her hand! Today Lainey discovered Dairy Queen ice cream and has had visits from her cousins. She has played hard all day and is currently sacked out so I think I will take advantage of it! Thank you to all of you who have praying for us and helping us out. We appreciate it so much! Can't wait for you all to meet our new daughter!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome home!! I have loved keeping up with your wonderful venture to your beautiful new daughter. She looks like she is adjusting very well. I have no doubt your girls love her bunches! Enjoy your time with her! I can't wait to meet her! HAVE FUN!!!!

    ReplyDelete